Purpose Built Communities’ podcast series, This is Community, is returning with a new season.
In Purpose Built Communities’ #10YearsOfPurpose, we’ve seen the impact of structural and institutional racism on neighborhoods around the country. It is clear that we must acknowledge, understand and attack that underlying historic discrimination in America if we are to have communities where everyone has the opportunity to thrive.
In season two of This is Community, we present conversations with thought leaders at our annual conferences about the effects of racism, including:
- Glenn Harris, president of Race Forward, on structural and institutional racism in America;
- Dr. David Williams, professor at Harvard University, on the clear connection between race, socioeconomic status, and health;
- Dr. Beverly Tatum, president emerita at Spelman College, on how people of different ages discuss race – starting as students in the classroom;
- Dr. Todd Clear, professor at Rutgers University, on mass incarceration’s devastating impact on communities;
- Dr. Katherine Phillips, professor at Columbia Business School, on the value of diversity;
- The Purpose Built Communities Equity Ambassadors on leading with equity in communities around the country; and,
- Warren Buffett, chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, on the role of philanthropy in addressing institutional racism and concentrated poverty.
Go to This is Community’s homepage to find more information. Listen to both Season One and Season Two on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you enjoy your podcasts, and share it on social media!